Saturday, August 29, 2009

Nesting is for the Birds!

Ok people, why don't we just call it as we see it. Nesting is just a nice way of saying you have a lot of crap to do! Cleaning, organizing, painting, and decorating are all of the things that get wrapped into this nice sounding term. In reality, I just don't think I have the nesting gene. I hate cleaning and only do it because it is a necessity. I am so anal that organizing one room turns into a week long event. Stuff ends up strewn all over the house since we have zero storage space and I can't figure out where to put the items I have evicted from said room. Painting stinks (literally and figuratively)! Decorating is the one thing I can muster any excitement for and even that is currently being thwarted by a disagreeing husband who wants to veto my choices for the big boy room without giving alternate suggestions.

To make matters worse, I have to "nest" for 2 kids this time around. I have lost "my" room to make way for big boy land. My crafting/sewing domain has been relocated to a tiny corner of our unused formal living room and is currently located under piles of stuff that used to be stored on a large shelving unit. I will have to find it shortly as I have to sew my bum off in the next couple of weeks to get ready for the Providence Open Market.

I have 11 1/2 weeks left to get all of this done...while working full time...chasing after a spirited 2 year old...and managing to keep the rest of the house from looking like Katrina just whipped through. Pray for my sanity. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Status: 81 days till D(ue) day
Big boy room has been completely emptied of all but dresser which will remain in the room
Bedding, bookcase, a few accessories and paint has been purchased (not without a fight or 9)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be busy, but if anyone can do it you can and will. How long of a Maternity leave will you be taking after baby girl arrives?
    Good luck with the list & don't forget to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you do with Natey's big boy room! I'm sure everything will come together beautifully :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. I've been on a picture hanging kick. Like newborns are concerned about family pictures hanging on the wall when they come home. Can't wait to see pics of the big boy room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! How dare that husband of yours veto your decorating choices for the Big Boy room?? Doesn't he know that attempting a veto on a pregnant wife is akin to attempting to overthrow capitalism? NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

    Pics. Soon. Please.

    Also, in reading your 101 in 1001, I'd like to point out that you can now officially cross off number 13 my friend. ;)

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??