Monday, January 25, 2010

Arielle at 2 months


The two month mark came so fast, I can hardly believe it! With Nate, I felt like a truck plowed over me for the first 6 weeks and they seemed to drag on forever, but you sailed through it with ease! You have such a different temperament than your brother. I am holding out hope that you'll be my calm, introspective child! Here are some of the milestones you have reached this month:
  • At your appointment today you weighed in at 13 pounds, 4 ounces and were 24.75 inches long. That puts you in the 75-90th percentile for weight and above the 95th percentile for height! Nate was 11 pounds 7 ounces and 23.75 inches at 2 months. I can't believe you are almost 2 full pounds heavier than he was! I just pulled out all of the 3-6 month clothes as the feet of all of your jams were way too small!
  • You are smiling more and more every day. I love the chubby faced grins you give me.
  • I swear I heard you laugh yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • You are cooing a lot. We have "conversations" every day. You say goo and oooh and then usually cough from the effort of making your sounds!
  • You love the bouncy seat and it is the alternative napping spot if you're not in the bed.
  • You still hate the swing and get the hiccups EVERY time I put you in it. I thought this would change by now, but I guess not.
  • You hold your head up great and, even though you hate tummy time, can push your head up about 45 degrees when you're on your tummy.
  •  You had your first shots today and it was rough, but your chubby legs seem to have enough padding!
I go back to work next Monday. I am so sad that our days, just you and me, are coming to an end. I have really loved these first 2 months home with you and wish I could do it every day.


13 comments:

  1. i'm sad she's already so big! i can't believe you're already going back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She even looks kind of sad in that last pic... she doesn't want you to go back to work either!! I know it's going to be hard. : ( But so fun she's doing so well!!! I'm hoping she'll stay calm for you too. You know, Aidan was a calm baby. And look at him now!!! Sorry - not to freak you out or anything.

    Love her lollipop onesie! I was just looking at those on your site! Might need to order a lollipop and a songbird. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like she is doing great! She is beautiful.

    I am sorry you are going back to work. I have the fortune of staying home with the boys - but we have no splurge money! If I worked we would, but I'd rather be poor and stay with my boys! LOL (Of course, we live in a family home and don't have a huge mortgage to pay. Very fortunate, as I said.)

    I really wish you could be with her every day. I will be sending you lots of happy vibes the day you go to work. It will be okay. You will still be her fave person - her mama! :)

    Love
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she's already 2 months old!
    She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a doll! Two months have flown by. Oh, and T hated her swing and baby used it a half dozen times in all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! I can't believe she that old! She is a doll kameron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cheeks!!!! I wanna pinch them! She is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you and your fancy rounded corner pictures! ;)

    I too am loving the Punchkin Wear on the little Miss, super duper cute!

    I'm sorry you have to go back to work too. BOOOOO!! But it is what it is and although it will be hard for you, I'm sure, it will all work out fine.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics are so cute -- she's a doll! I just love little girl clothes and headbands!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg that headband flower and shirt are too too cute!! you've got a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, congratulations. She is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it must be hard getting back after being home with her. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??