Monday, January 25, 2010

Natey at 2 years 7 months


Hello, my rough and tumble boy.  Another month has flown right on by and you are growing before my eyes it seems! I was talking to daddy last night about our trip in July and I realized you will be 3 when we go!

You have fully realized that you have choices. You tell me and daddy that you don't like us any more and we aren't your best friend anymore when you get put in timeout. Then, as quickly as it comes, it goes away and you say that we're your best friend again. It hurt my feelings the first few times you said it, but I'm over it now and realize you are just being a 2 year old.

You started resisting putting your shoes on when we had to leave. We took you to get your feet measured for new shoes and realized you were at a 9 and had been wearing size 8! Oops, no wonder you didn't want to put them on! I can't believe how fast your feet grow!


You went for your second cleaning at the dentist and she said you've got all of your baby teeth and they look great! You were so good too. I was surprised!

You are getting too smart for your own britches. You try to change a word you know is naughty, just enough to see if you can get away with saying it. "Dag blammit" has to be the funniest one so far. When you say it, you look over at us so sly with your little smirk to see if we've noticed. I have had to start giving you time outs for these instances so you know I mean business!

Your bed time has been a little rocky as of late, but Grandma gave us a tip to keep you calm when we leave the room. Now that we ask you if you want the door cracked, the battles have stopped...for now!


Your hair is getting really long again, but daddy won't let me do anything about it. He wants to see what it will do if left alone. I still maintain my promise never to cut it myself...we all know how that turned out last time!

When I ask if I can share something with you, you reply, "Of course!!".

Thanks for being my crazy Natey. You and your "sissy" are the reasons I smile every day!


6 comments:

  1. Damn he is so stinkin' cute.. I think Annika shall marry him someday and we will have gorgeous grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Kam!! What a freakin' smartypants, that kid is. : ) I just put Aidan into size 8 shoes... we'll probably be in 9's before no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Kameron, he is one GORGEOUS boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's got huge feet! When I was looking at the pictures, I was thinking how his curls were coming back in full force again! Is he fully adjusted to having a sister now, knowing that she is not going back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I shall have to try out that "Dag Blammit" trickiness myself! Oh the things that Natey could teach me if only I could focus on what he's saying and not get lost in those GORGEOUS eyes of his. He melts me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that his hair is growing out! Jon thinks it's time for Drew to get another haircut but I'm not so sure...

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??