Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A gourmet I am not

I am by no means a gourmet chef, but I can hold my own in the kitchen. But just when I think I'm getting good, the universe has a way of humbling me. Last night I decided to make a stir fry. This is one of the few things I can make without sticking to a recipe. I have a wok like pan and I oiled it up and started cooking my veggies. I decided that I'm cool enough now to not need a spoon, I'll just toss the veggies in the pan. A fire ball and slightly singed arm hair later, I had lost half of the veggies to the stove top. Thankfully I had my wits about me to immediately turn the burner off, or a full blown oil fire might have started. I guess I will have to file away my Iron Chef application for a later date. A much later date.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Happy to hear no one was harmed also!!!! Sounds like me in the kitchen...
    I was baking Saturday and broke two applicances and a utensil...I think I will post on that tomorrow!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is so scary! So glad it wasn't worse!! Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, OOPS!!!! Hope your arm hair is ok! : )

    Sounds like me with boiling a pot of water. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I have to give you mad props for even trying...I'm such a chicken..I wouldn't even begin to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??