Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feed me!

This baby is ready for solids.  Some of you may be wondering what took so long.  I believe that the closer to 6 months you are, the better when it comes to solids. It's just my opinion, and I don't impose it on anyone else. In fact, I was hard pressed to even convince my husband of this, but with both kiddos I managed to hold out to about 5 1/2 months before they were demanding more sustinance than what my body could provide them! Truth be told, she was ready before we went on our trip, but I didn't want to hassle with bringing extra stuff to California. She had her first taste of cereal on Cinco de Mayo! While the rest of us ate wonderfully spiced tacos, she got to eat boring 'ole rice cereal. It was her first time in the high chair and, as you can see, the anticipation was killing her.

At first, she wasn't too sure about this creamy, bland goop I was giving her but she started gobbling it down like a champ!

After only a week, I have already had to thicken it and almost double the amount she's eating. We'll be starting veggies here in a couple of weeks. I can't wait! I have decided to make all of her food, something I wished I had done with Natey. Hopefully she's as good an eater as her brother. If the rolls on her chubby little thighs are any indication, I think we'll be ok!

14 comments:

  1. This is such a fun stage! I had a little green bean addict back when we added veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way - neither of my boys started until 6 months (for Jack it actually ended up being later than that!!)

    Making your own food is so incredibly easy - and kind of fun!! Plus you really don't need anything special to do it - the only thing I bought when I was making Tommy's food was some extra ice cube trays so they could be just for baby food. I also highly recommend the book Super Baby Food - it has some great tips for what foods to start at what age, and different ways to freeze and prepare everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks older than 5 months, and that makes me sad!!!

    she's precious! i waited that long for my kids. why on earth, would i add unnecessary cleaning and preparing, when my boobs did all the work for me, in the stressful beginning???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I waited until 6 months for Aidan too... that's what the pediatrician recommended anyway. Love that picture of the bowl in focus! And dang, your girl has some great eyebrows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reminding me that Evany got a Sophie the Giraffe for Christmas and I have got to figure out what happened to it. :)

    Arielle is adorably, as usually. And probably about twice the size of my daughter who is like, a week younger than her. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I waited 6 months with T as well. Too bad she wasn't as enthusiastic as Arielle was with her cereal! And I can't beleive it's already time for her to eat solidsl. Really, tell her to slow down already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is too sweet! I can't believe how well she has done, if you had to double and thicken! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, she's a cutie! I made quite a bit of Lexie's baby food. Definitely a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you making it all. She is so cute and I love chubby thighs. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun -- I can't believe I'll be going through all of that again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun!
    We held off until around the same age...mostly because of laziness. I hated lugging all that stuff around if we were out, so I waited until I couldn't wait any longer...
    Good luck with the veggies and making the food. I did that a bit with Abs and was glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??