Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Over the hills and through the airport...

...to Grandmother's house we go! The baby and I went on a little adventure this weekend. I flew with her from Rhode Island to Sacramento, CA to go visit my grandma. It was baby girl's first time on a plane, and she was a champ! I'll save my general complaining about other passengers on the planes for Friday's letter's of Intent. It would just muck up an otherwise happy post!  
My grandma, Norma, is my mama's mama. Ever since my mom passed away, she has taken on an even larger role in my life. We have always been been very close, but our bond grew deeper as we leaned on each other. Since she lives all the way ont he other side of the country, we don't get to see her very often. She has seen Natey only 2 times and this was her first time meeting little miss Arielle. It made my heart so happy to hand this little girl to her great grandma. To say they loved each other would be an under statement! Arielle belly laughed at the first words out of grandma's mouth.
 My mom never got to meet her grand children, so it was very important for me to make sure my grandma did. She's 83, and despite her ongoing health problems, is as sharp as a tack! She's an amazingly optimistinc woman, and has played a large part in making me the woman I am today.
Arielle couldn't get enough of her great grandma, and neither can I.
I can only hope that my kids get many, many more years with her so they can know, love and appreciate her like I do.

21 comments:

  1. Sooo Sweet! So happy that she got to meet that sweet baby girl! I'm so glad that at least Olivia will get the chance to know her great-grandparents. I grew up knowing mine and they were such an important part of my life. Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so sweet, kam! awesome of you to fy across the country so that she could see yoru baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious! We're planning a trip to SC this summer, and a much needed trip to see my Grandmother is included in that visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kam..I want your Grandma in my pocket!! She is soo cute! I love that A just lit up when she saw her..
    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kam, those pictures are AWESOME!!!!! That last one almost makes this pregnant girl cry! Love the black and white. All three of you girls have the same smile & laugh - what a great reminder of your mama!! Glad you had such a good time... well, except for the annoying passengers part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures! I'm so glad Arielle and your grandma got to meet. Your mom surely was smiling down on all of you during your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kam,

    This post made me tear up. How special. It is so evident that Arielle was in love with Great Grandma. PRECIOUS is the perfect word for those memories you captured and made.
    Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. *tear*

    Beautiful woman creates beautiful child who grows up to be a beautiful mother who has a beautiful baby girl too someday who, in turn, becomes one of THE most beautiful mothers I know with both a beautiful baby girl of her own but also a legacy of beautiful mothers behind her and, indeed, looking down on her from above.

    Thinking of you this mother's day...

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was such a BEAUTIFUL post. Beautiful!!! Those picutres are just amazing - and the moments of love you captured will provide a lifetime of memories - for both you and your adorable baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so, so sweet! I can't believe how much Arielle looks like Natey! She is a doll, and so happy! I am glad you had this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a great trip, and that Arielle did well on the plane. The pictures of Arielle and your Grandma are so precious! They look like they adore each other!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that last picture. It's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy the trip went well and the little lady got to meet her great grandma! Such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you got to go spend a weekend with your Grandma. Those are memories that are lifelong treasures. Your pictures are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is going to really cherish those pics when she gets older! I have to ask -- did you do some kind of special effect on that last one? It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pics! Especially the last one, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??