Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Ramblings

....aka the post where I tease you with all of the pictures I need to post but don't post any of them.

Thursday came too fast this week. Why is it when you need the days to go by slowly, because you have so much to do, that they move in fast forward? I think I may just pretend that I am this busy all the time so my weeks go by at this pace!
**********
First, I can't believe it is going to be May this weekend. I am very happy to be moving toward warmer weather and getting my kiddos out and about. Nate needs it. He is driving me batty with his pent up energy. I need it. I am as pale as a ghost and am sure my vitamin D level is at an all time low. Arielle needs it. Ok, she doesn't know she needs it, but she hasn't had enough fresh air in her short little life yet!!
**********
I participated in a consignment sale last week. I didn't sell as much as I'd hoped (only 52 items out of 180), but I made more money than I spent so I am calling it a success. I got some great things (pictures to come later). I ended up with 5 or 6 Gymboree dresses or outfits for the girl and 2 pairs of shoes (Red Mary Janes and pink ones too that make my heart flutter !) that were brand new with tags for 5 or 6 bucks each. There wasn't much in the way of 3T stuff, but I got Nate a bunch of 4T shirts for later. Yes, I know, I shop way too far in advance. Don't tell the hubby that I have a coat for the girl that is a 3T. Ha!
**********
I made cake pops last night. Let me tell you, it is way harder than it looks. Well, the baking of the cake and getting them to the naked pop stage is not so difficult, but the dipping was a little rough. I microwaved the candy to melt it, but next time I think I'll use a makeshift double boiler. It might work better. They turned out cute I will have to post pictures of them later too. I fear I will be obsessed with these cute little things and will be making them for all occassions! Nate kept calling them "surf pops". I have no idea why and now he wants "Spiderman surf pops" for his birthday.
**********
Tomorrow morning I will be waking up at 4am to get myself and the baby to the airport. Shoot me now. Our flight leaves at 6ish and we're heading to Northern California to visit my grandma. She hasn't met Arielle yet and has been scaring me by going in and out of the hospital 5 times already since January. I would be crushed if anything happened and she hadn't met her, so it's a girl's weekend for us. If you have any suggestions for flying, ALONE, with an infant pass them along. I'm hoping she nurses and sleeps the whole time. A pipe dream. I know.
**********
Today it is officially 4 weekes until the amazing BabyMama comes to little Rhody to enrapture us with her photography skills! I am beyond excited, not only to have another family session that includes the baby OUTSIDE of my belly, but to spend time with someone who became a friend in a matter of hours the first time we met. Sometimes I think it's not fair that I meet such amazing women by blogging and they all have to live so far away. Fortunately, I get to meet Brooke as well since she will be driving all the way here from MI! Ahh, my very own blogging conference...without all of the hoopla!

11 comments:

  1. You're going to give me fat head you know if you keep talking me up like this...which might not be the worst thing as I am currently sporting a Child Size MEDIUM head. Seriously, Nate and I could share hats! So umm...yeah...maybe you should keep bragging me up, it's probably a good idea, actually. ;)

    4 WEEKS! 4 WEEKS! 4 WEEKS!! 4 WEEEEEEKS!

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BRAVE flying alone with the girl!!! We still haven't gotten Aidan on a plane and don't plan to anytime soon. Hope you have a great girls' weekend!! And I can't wait for July for OUR girl time!

    I still need to send Brooke the white dress for the photo shoot... thanks for reminding me. : ) Can't wait to see what BabyMama comes up with this time! She is amazing... even with a child-size head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what airport are u flying into here in Nor CAL? We wish we could see you and Arielle too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip! I'm sure Arielle will do just fine on the plane. If nothing else, she will charm all the passengers with that adorable little face :)

    I need to get planning as far as mapping out my route, how many days I will take, etc. Yikes! Gotta get moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun, safe trip! Baby Girl will be perfect, Right!? I bet grandma is super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat that you are going to see your Grandma so she can meet Arielle. I know your grandma will enjoy it. How lucky are you to get more pictures with BabyMama. The last batch were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a fun, safe trip! I'm sure your flight will go well. I bet your grandma is so excited to meet Arielle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make sure you take plenty of food and toys that rattle! And I wore Monk in a Baby Bjorn for the entire flight. It was the only way he would sleep when we flew. Oh and make sure she is sucking on a paci or a bottle for take off and landing. A MUST.

    And I would like the recipe for these "surf" pops please!! They sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a great trip!! I agree with Cass... thse 'surf' pops sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We skipped Spring here and went right to hot at 90 today! Enjoy your weather and hope you had a safe flight and a good trip!

    Cake pops - cute. I've seen them around but never tried them myself.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??