Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun with felt

Last Saturday night (yes I know I am dreadfully behind on posting) we had a crafting girl's night in at my house. We had been talking about it for a while, and luckily Liz threw an idea on the table and we set an official date for the get together. Each of us made some (real) food; we had a drink and relaxed in the company of the girls. Michele even drove all the way from NH for our evening! Our first project was making felt food for our kiddo's play kitchens. It took a surprisingly long time to make some of the food, but we ended up with some cute stuff...even if the oranges had it in for me. Yes, I know, they look easy but don't be fooled! We had a great time and ended up closing up shop around midnight. I have enough felt left to choke a horse so stay tuned for more cuteness coming your way...sometime in the next millennium.

9 comments:

  1. I love the way that collage came out!! That was a lot of fun!! If you want to go through that felt I will gladly make more felt food with you - I still have a couple drumsticks to finish and I am sure we could find some more items to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night. I am so jealous. Those turned out so great. Good enough to eat. LOL
    The eggs are my favorite. So cute. Look at all those sewing machines. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eggs! You need to make some bacon to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable. And no, they don't look easy to me. Great job! I love the eggs and the eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun evening! I surey would not have been able to hang with you talented girls! T would love if I was crafty enough to make her felt food for her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole and I was just saying that we were going to have a craft night once a month. It looks like so much fun! I'm in love with the felt food. Did you have a pattern or tutorial? Or did you just wing it? Olivia is getting a kitchen set for Christmas and these would be perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eggs! You need to make some bacon to go with it!
    indian classified site

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??