Friday, April 2, 2010

Chat with Nate

As we got into the car today, Nate starting freaking out because his shoes weren't on. Ironically, he's the one that didn't want them on, but that is neither here nor there. He was crying and I was trying to talk to the hubbs on the phone. Those two things are not exactly a good combo. Aaron decided that talking to him would calm him down so I put the phone on speaker and handed it to Nate. This is the conversation that took place:

Aaron: "Buddy, stop crying. What's the matter?"
Nate: (almost unintelligible) "Ahhh, shoes. Waa, need shoes. Uhhhh, uhhhh, mommy took my shoes."
Aaron: "Hey buddy, I got you a present."
{silence}
Nate: "What is it Daddy?"
{if I hadn't been in the car with him, I wouldn't have believed he was just wailing on and on about his freakin shoes}
Aaron: "It's a surprise, you can see when you get home."
Nate: "Um, is it da Easter Bunny?"
Aaron: "Nope, you'll see when you get home."
Nate: "Um is, um, (mumble, mumble) it?"
Aaron: "Are you guessing?"
Nate: "Nope, Arielle gassed, not me."
{at this point I am in tears laughing}
Aaron: "Ok, I will see you when you get home."
Natey: "Is it a kangaroo, a helicopter or a sign?"
Aaron: "Ok, I will see you when you get home."

Seriously, Nate is going to be the biggest class clown. I'm preparing myself now for all of the notes that will be sent home and the parent teacher conferences I'm going to have to sit though because of this kid. At least he makes me laugh. I guess I'll keep him around for a while.

11 comments:

  1. Too funny!! Its amazing what these little guys will freak out about, and how quickly they can then be distracted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just precious. That is too funny all of his gasses...I mean guesses. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo surprises, I LOVE surprises!!!!

    So.....was it a kangaroo, a helicopter or a sign?

    Don't leave me hangin' here, lady!

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    P.S. Love that kid. Just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is funny!! they def are funny!! you have to give them that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a face like that, you sure do have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for blogging, because this is one of those things you want to remind him of in 20 years or so. ;)
    I'm glad the bribery worked! :D I'll have to remember that, when I have my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natey is definitely YOUR son... what a sense of humor!!! Not that you're all about gassing and such... but still. Hilarious! Can't wait to see if Arielle is a big goofball like her brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's too cute! I loved it when he said, "Nope, Arielle gassed, not me."

    ReplyDelete
  9. You seriously have the most beautiful family ever, Kameron. The fact that you are able to amuse one another makes everything that much better.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??