Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nowhere Near Wordless Wednesday

I know that Wednesdays are usually wordless for me,
but it took me too long to get this post put together not to put it up! So if you came for WW just look at the first photo and ignore the rest!
Thank God for beautiful fall days! Living in California for most of my life, I really missed out on simple things like seasons! I was used to hot and not-so-hot as the two seasons, who knew there were actually four?! We have lived out here for 3 years now (Aaron grew up here, moved away to find me and then moved back) and each year I fall more and more in love with Fall! I'm pretty sure that if the summers weren't so beautifully green and the falls weren't so many other glorious colors, I would never be able to make it through the cold and stark months that are winter in New England. I know, to all of you who have grown up here or in other cold places, I'm such a whiner, but did I mention I'm from sunny Southern California...oh yeah and lived in Nevada for 3 years after that??!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We took Nathan to Roger Williams park over the holiday weekend and he had so much fun running around, eating dirt and playing in the leaves. I swear this kid never wants to walk anywhere. He always needs to run. This, of course, leads to a lot of falling down. He takes it all in stride though and barely even fusses after he eats it!
He fell right on his face and didn't even make a peep!
Poor kid, hopefully he'll learn to slow down just a little!Happy Natey found a leaf. It lasted only long enough to take
this picture...and then he tried to eat it.

This is the face you get when you tell him to say "cheese" for a picture! I was laughing behind the tree at the intensity with which he yelled it!

Is it impossible to make a toddler smile on cue?? At least he was cute and holding my face. :o)
-----------------------------------------------------------

We also went to the Columbus day parade on Federal Hill with Aaron's Aunt, Uncle and 2 youngest cousins. I wasn't sure how it was going to go since Nathan can't sit still for 5 seconds, let alone long enough for a whole parade to happen. It went pretty well despite my doubts. Of course the reason I got about 20 minutes of focus out of the boy was that Aaron's uncle let him have a lollipop! Most of you who know me know that I don't let my 16 month old baby have things like candy and excessive sweets, but he sure did sit and focus for a while so I guess this once it was worth it!


WTF?? What does this thing have to do with Columbus??
Natey got all excited when the fire trucks came by and blew their horns!

All in all, this was the most packed weekend we have had in a long time! Pumpkin patch, apple picking, parade, fall fun in the park, family & friends over for dinner on Monday (12 of us total). Whew, I am tired just thinking about it.

11 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you had a really good time! I love that first shot, are you using a point-and-shoot or a "nice" camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME pictures, beautiful baby. What a blessed family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I really like that first one!

    Getting a toddler to smile on cue? Have no idea. I don't have any luck either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Photo Story! What an amazing day! I love the leaf falling in the first shot! I have a photo meme on Saturdays I'd love you to post! Quite the photographer and Momma you are! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend, and such great pictures!!

    Happy WW, (wordless, wordy, it's all fun!)
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome autumn pictures!!:)

    happy ww!
    silentgirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures...I'm so jealous! No pretty leaves like that in Florida...i'm from Cali and miss the seasons so much. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the colors! i love autumn!

    lovely pics! picture perfect!

    Here's mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it looks like you guys had a great time..

    I love the expression on his face and I love how is holding his daddy's ears..lol.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??