Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not Me! Monday

Oh happy day! Not me! Monday again? Already? Why, yes it is! It is beginning to be my favorite post of the week, and probably the first time in a while that I have actually looked forward to Mondays! After you read what I "didn't" do this week, pop on over to MckMama's blog and read the hilarious stuff that other people didn't do as well!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely did not wear workout clothes to work so it would force me to go to the gym and forget to bring actual pants to wear to work for after I was done. Who would ever do that and then have to wear yoga pants all day at work?? Not me! I am way to put together for that to happen to me! (For the story in all of it's embarrassing glory click here)

I didn't miss being the 1 millionth hit on MckMama's blog by just 75 people! If this did happen I wouldn't even be remotely disappointed, that would make me a weird stalker or something. I also did not have my hubby take a picture of me and the computer, because that would make him think I'm crazy, and he doesn't need any more help with that!
I didn't dress my child in a monkey costume for a photo shoot in a pumpkin patch on Saturday. It was 70 degrees out and I would never put Natey in something that was meant to be worn in the dead of winter just to get some super cute photos. Nope, I'm not that selfish, that would make me a bad parent. (But, he looked so cute!!)

I did not rush out the door Sat night to take Nathan to Waterfire only to drive around for 40 minutes trying to find a place to park with absolutely no luck. I also did not ignore the gas light that came on as soon as I left the house, thinking it was only a 5 minute drive to downtown. If that did happen, which it wouldn't, I would not just give up and drive home, only stopping to get gas (and a hot fudge sundae to make me feel better).


What did you "not" do this week??

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVED your list:) Nice photo of you from the other angle, too:) Glad you hubby was so thorough in capturing your 75th place victory!!!

    :)

    MckMama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! love the monkey- my youngest is a kangaroo and I feel the same way.

    And I saw your post about the homemade website- thank you for the link! I am so going to use it this christmas!

    Melissa, fellow MckMama Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love the monkey suit!! It's so cute!! Great Not me's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am NOT jealous that you recieved a comment from MckMama

    love your little money BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check you out!! You have a comment from MckMama!! Like Katey, I'm in no way jealous AT ALL! Love your Not Me's. I would totally dress my little guy in a monkey costume on a hot day for a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute cute monkey! my husband wanted my 6 month old daughter to be a monkey...but i over ruled him & she'll be a butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Monkey costume is the cutest thing ever!!!
    Is it wrong that I'm trying to convince my 3 yr old godsister to be a penguin? haha.

    Great Not Me's!!

    Oh I was 35 people away from a million..yeah talk about being a few minutes too late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it was probably really embarassing, but that was too funny about the yoga pants at work. I hope it went unnoticed. You have an adorable monkey:o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monkey See Monkey Do. I so want my daughter to be a monkey for Halloween. But I haven't found any costumes as cute as the monkey costume your little one is sporting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are we NOT supposed to stalk other bloggers? No one told me.

    Cute monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm cracking up about the monkey costume. Thank goodness he is young enough where he won't remember how hot it was! Loved your list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not in awe at how you got your little monkey to smile even though he had to be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too funny! I am so jealous that you posted your not me! Monday post first on MckMama's blog, and you got a comment from her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, totally stoked that MckMama took the time to comment on our blog! Love your pictures and those monkeys! I missed MckMama's short-lived blog from last week and was so upset! This is obsession! ;)
    CountryMom

    ReplyDelete
  15. he is too cute even if he was overheating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the comment. As for my header I actually had the ladies over at the Cutest Blog on the Block design it for me. It looks like you already have one of their free backgrounds. You can go to their site and see the pricing for headers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the monkey suit. FUNNY. But I agree, you do what you gotta do. Cause it is jsut so cute!

    And I have never worn workout clothes all day, when I haven't worked out, just to give the impression that I had in hopes that I would appear in better shape than I am!

    :)
    Amie
    www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, look at you and all your comments! Especially the one from you-know-who! : ) I loved my Not Me! list last week, but cannot come up with a darn thing this time around. Oh well.

    So... I changed it again. Our portrait time is now at 11am on Nov. 22nd. I knew 11 would work better for Natey, and I realized that since Aidan will sleep in the car, I better be on the road during his nap rather than after he's already woken up. Made more since. They probably think I'm craat, but luckily they weren't booked at all.

    Love the monkey suit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally having my hubby take pics of me on the computer...hmm did I mention that would be all he is doing....I am a little addicted to the computer...and apparently your blog=) I will be back! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I am a "friend" of Heather's and just read your comment about your little guy taking 2-2 hour naps a day -- how fabulous!!! My little boy gave up his morning nap right at a year old. He usually sleeps a good 11 or 12 hours at night, but his one nap a day ranges anywhere from an hour and 15 mintues to a little over 2 hours. I was REALLY hoping the one nap would be a 3 hour marathon nap, but no such luck...

    On another note, Nathan is a cutie! And I just ordered Drew a monkey custume too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cutie he is in that monkey outfit!

    Our little guy is wanting to be a monkey this Halloween also! I gotta go shopping to drag him through our streets in 90 degree weather on Halloween night in So. Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do the same thing when shopping! My husband teases me that I can't go shopping for myself anymore.

    Thanks for the kind words. It's hard to put it all in His hands, but I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL...I totally get the whole "stalker" thing with MckMama's blog. I am the same but I missed the 1 millionth by like 60,000!

    Oh and I have NEVER dressed my kids up in suede jackets, jeans & boots for a pumpkin patch photo session when it was uh...87 degress outside! 70 degress ain't all that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??