Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Footless and Fancy Free

On my quest to continue learning and expand my vocabulary I decided that one of my 101 goals (see my sidebar for more on this topic) would be to learn a new word every day. I have expressed my disdain before about some of the words that they choose as the word of the day on dictionary.com, but today's word takes the cake.

Footless:without a foot or feet.
Um, really, I mean come on people. If you don't know that footless means no feet, that is just sad. I am this close to abandoning this goal or find my word fix elsewhere. In all honesty I am too lazy busy to remember to look up a word every day and I subscribed to this word of the day thing so I would find a tid bit of knowledge in my inbox each morning. I actually felt a little dumber after I opened today's email.

10 comments:

  1. That's a neat pic...you take that? What type of camera do you have (we are in the market for an upgrade)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Did you take off the cake Wrecks link? I always used to from here to there and now I don't see it anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar experience...not with words but another goal I had. I made a goal and tried like hell to stick to it- but after I realized I was getting nothing out of it, hated doing it, and was angry everytime I was doing it- I stopped. You have to examine if it is worth your time and energy to continue! Honestly with your work and reading all the time, your vocabulary is probably big enough already you smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious!!! I agree, the picture is great....did you take it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you still like a background? I finished Felicia's and I'm almost done with my cousins - your next in line :). If you'd like I can just surprise you with some ideas. I can hold off on doing the header for now if you'd like, just wait until you have the pro photo shoot done. I am hoping I will have figured out how to do the header images on the sidebar widgets by then - if not I will get those to you later if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say you have that word down, complete with illustrations! Don't tell me you took the foot off - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable blog you have! how have i been missing this one? thanks for the comment on mine. we don't know what we're having...it's been a little torturous but mostly very exciting. i will certainly be checking in on your blog. have a great day!

    best,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wondered what that word meant. ha

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??