Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'd like to thank The Academy Liz

I got my first blog award. Thanks Liz!

Not sure why there has to be so many rules, but there are.

The rules of this award are:

1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
{This I don't mind}
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
{This just sounds like fun}
3. You must copy and paste the rules/instructions below in the post.
{Ehh, not so much}

Ok, so I'm bucking the "rules" system and number 3 is out.

So if you want to read the formal rules click here!
**********************************************************
My 5 fabulous addictions are:

1. Mck Mama's my charming kids blog: I think everyone who reads my blog reads her blog, so I don't have to go too much into this! She is an amazing mommy who loves God and has a wonderful outlook on life. I love that she shares her ups and not so ups with us and is an inspiration to so many. Her blog (and Heather's) are the main reason I am now addicted to the whole bloggy life!

2. Bobby pins: Huh, how is someone possibly addicted to bobby pins?? I hate my bangs. I never should have cut them, and even though I knew this (stupidly, I have done it before), I did it when I cut my hair off 3 months ago. If I didn't have bobby pins I would be forced to shellac my hair with glue until they grew out so they would stay out of my face!!!

3. Craftiness: I am newly addicted to forcing encouraging my creative side to come out and play! I have always wanted to be able to take an amazing photograph, sew something or paint. I never thought I would be good at it, so it was almost a self fulfilling prophesy and I never really tried. Well, with inspiration from fellow bloggers I am getting better at it! I am sewing and taking better pictures and I will eventually tackle scrap booking, once I get my pictures organized.

4. I am super addicted to my boys. My big and my little one are both amazing. I love that my little one is getting to be more cuddly. In the past he has been so into whatever is going on around him, he has had no time to cuddle, but that is changing. I think he realizes that I love hugs and kisses and he is obliging me more and more, and I don't even have to ask now!! My big boy is the best friend and partner I could have ever asked for. He shares in the responsibilities 50/50, and from what I hear that is not the norm! He is the best daddy and I am so glad that I found him after my many mistakes in relationships past!!

5. Chocolate: Ok, so the last one is a gimme. I love chocolate in almost any shape or form, except when mixed with mint. I have no idea why, but it just ruins it for me! I have been loving chocolate chip cookies lately. This, I blame on my husband, mostly. I bought a big bag of chocolate chips and 2 days later he comes home with another huge bag. I laughed because we were on the same page, but now all of the semi-sweet goodness has been calling my name from the freezer. "Please make cookies out of me!" Well, I couldn't let them down now could I? Oh, I could? You could have fooled me!
**********************************************************
So, the people I am giving this award to are blogs I have been getting a big kick out of lately. I love their witty sense of humor and look forward to reading their blogs each day. I will preface this by saying that I just want to let you know how much I have been digging your blog and you don't have to follow the lengthy directions and pass this on, yadda, yadda. If you just want to get a smile out of the fact that I love your blog, then that's what I think awards are all about!!

3. Katrina: Jordy's Mommy
4. Alicia: Two B's and Me

12 comments:

  1. Congrats that is a very cool award! Bobby pins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kam! LOVE the award!!! And I'm with he and me - bobby pins? Haven't you ever heard of headbands? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I know your first two and totally agree. They are some of my favorites. I will have to check out your others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I know your first two and totally agree. They are some of my favorites. I will have to check out your others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your the BEST!! Thanks so very much - you so deserve this award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your obsession with bobby pins. ;o)

    Might I ask how you customized your comment line? 'happy thoughts'

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog award! Congrats!

    p.s. I hardly ever follow all the rules, so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for passing the award on to me! It really makes me happy! I will post the award on my blog too, and pass on the favor- but you will be awarded again...sorry but I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the award Kam...I posted my addictions and my huge props to you...but, all the blogs I read have already received this award...so, maybe I'll make a new award!!

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I will have to check out all your recipients! I love new reading material!! I could have guessed chocolate, but I did not know that you were so obsessed with Bobby Pins...interesting!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??