Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More than you ever wanted to know-Tag!!

Ok, so I got tagged twice this week by some of my new bloggy friends. Rather than do an individual post for each one I will have a tag-off right here before your very eyes!! That's right people, two tags for the price of one!!
**********************************************************
The first one is from Tarah over at Eyeglasses & Endzones. I am supposed to state 15 random things about myself, so here goes....

1. I am so analytical that I have a hard time cooking creatively. I have a compulsive need to follow the directions in a recipe, down to the tsp. My hubby laughed at me once because I measured out 6 cups of water to boil Mac'n'Cheese. This is also why I am an excellent baker!

2. Playing off of number one and my overly analytical mind, I have a weird habit when I work in the lab. When I use pipette tips out of the box, I have to use them in rows. I can't stand when people hunt and peck all over the box. I guess I am slightly OCD. There, I said it, now you don't have to!!

3. That being said, I am equally obsessed with becoming more artsy and crafty. I love all things creative like photography, scrap booking, sewing, you name it. I just have to try really hard because I am not innately creative. I am working on it though. I finished my test run of a sewing project and I was so excited it turned out so well for my first time!!

4. When I got pregnant with Natey I wanted a girl so bad I could taste it! I was my mom's first born and we had an amazing relationship so I wanted that for myself too. The funny thing was, from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I knew I was having a boy, and now I wouldn't change it for anything!

5. I would love to be more edgy when it comes to fashion, but I am not willing to wear uncomfortable shoes.

6. I have a weird sense of humor and lot of what I think is hilarious, people don't get. I guess I just love irony and clever play-on-words humor.

7. I had a major uncomfortable moment at my bachelorette party. The "dancer" finished his spiel and then tried to offer us "Fire and Ithssss (Ice)" for an extra charge. I was so embarrassed I pulled my maid of honor and another bridesmaid in to the bathroom and told them I had absolutely NO interest in whatever "Fire and Ice" was and I wanted him out of there IMMEDIATELY!!!!

8. I can identify cultures of bacteria by their smell. (Sorry I am a science geek!!)

9. I want to get a tummy tuck and a boob job after I am done having babies.

10. I wanted to be a doctor when I first started school, but then I worked in a hospital. I decided that I couldn't deal with other people's sorrow and pain all day without deadening my heart. That was a sacrifice I was not willing to make.

11. I am the world's worst speller. That being said, I am so vigilant about using spell check, that I even copy paste my comments into Word and check them before I post (most of the time). Nothing annoys me more than spelling and grammatical errors.

12. I check on my son every night before I go to bed. I have to do it, not my hubby. Even if he checks I will still do it. I guess I need to see him with my own eyes.

13. I only have 5 true friends. I have many acquaintances and friends, but only 5 people know my secrets.

14. I love how I feel after I exercise, but I have to force myself to go to the gym EVERY time. You'd think it would get easier, but I really just hate it.

15. If I could have one wish, I would wish to have my mother back. I would even trade one of my senses for it.
**********************************************************
The next tag was from Brooke at Dinky pops no more. She tagged me with the five things quiz. Wow, if you're not bored enough from the first 15 things, by all means, read on!!

Five Things I was Doing 10 Years Ago {November 1998}
1. I had started my first semester at Cal State Fullerton. I loved my townhouse in Orange County! Only 15 minutes from the beach. :o)
2. I had just turned 20, but because of my idiocy (I can see this now) I had a fake ID and was going a little crazy.
3. I went to a party at Dennis Rodman's house in Newport. Yes he is as weird and creepy as he seems on T.V.
4. I was working at Jerry's Famous Deli in Costa Mesa, CA. I was always running late to work and would hop in the carpool lane to pass all of the traffic. I never got caught, but if I had it was a $271 fine!!
5. I was in the best shape of my life. I worked out 1-2 hours a day and was in a size 6. The down side was that I barely ate and I had to work out like a fiend. I will never be that size again. Not worth it!!!

Five Things on My To-Do List
1. Get the yard all locked down for the winter. This includes blow out the sprinklers, cover our patio furniture and the grill, clean up all of the grapes that have fallen off the vine onto our deck and close the pool.
2. Stop putting off a project I have to do in the lab. OK I am doing it today!!!! I mean it this time, Joyce!!
3. Make diaper cakes and onesies for our craft exhibit at work.
4. Order pictures for my grandma, especially since I told her I already did it!!
5. Get my eyebrows waxed. They are a sight to see right now!

Five Things I Like to Snack On
1. Anything with chocolate, except chocolate mint, yuck!
2. Yogurt
3. Granola bars
4. Blue corn sesame chips. Mmmm, I want some now!!
5. Peanuts

Five Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire
1. Help my friends and family out.
2. Have as many babies as the good Lord would want me to have, since I could support them and not have to work!
3. Travel the world
4. Have my hair blown out all the time. I suck at it and it always looks so good when they do it for you at the salon! Oh, and have massages at least once a week.
5. I would hire a chef who would cook me good food that was good for me!

Five Places I Have Lived
1. Springfield, OR
2.Costa Mesa, CA
3. Studio City, CA
4. Las Vegas, NV
5. Providence, RI

Five Jobs I’ve Had
1. Food server
2. Graduate teaching assistant
3. Research associate
4. Senior Associate
5. Mommy (my favorite!)
**********************************************************
Well, if that was just more about me than you ever needed to know, blame Brooke and Tarah!! I guess I will tag a couple people, but if you don't wish to participate, I won't cry about it!! Oh yeah, and just pick one. I don't expect anyone to spend as much time as I just did on this post!!!

Katie @ This Crazy Life
Heidi @ Mommy doesn't live here any more
Heidi @ Sacred and Profane

I picked you guys because you usually crack me up and I'm sure your lists will be way more entertaining than mine!!!

8 comments:

  1. I read the entire post! And yes, a little strange how much we have in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OCD huh? Interesting. I would totally drive you crazy. I have none of that in me.
    Thanks for the tag. I will do my best to get that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to know more about you! I don't think you're crazy at all for measuring your water for mac and cheese!!!And those blue corn chips? LOVE 'em!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate going to the gym too, and I was once a size 6 in college & no doubt too much work to look that good again...especially after having 3 kids. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute and i enjoyed reading it all! made me think...kinda fun to stroll back down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always love reading that kinda stuff. all those surveys people do...i don't do them often, but ALWAYS read them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too fun...what did you end up sewing. I am taking a sewing class this thursday at Jo-Ann's in Warwick - learn how to do things the "right" way!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??