Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life in the slow lane...

Surely make you loose your mind!
Today I definitely had

I tackled goal #90 today. Yup, I did it. I drove the exact speed limit the WHOLE day!!! Some of you may be scratching your head right now thinking, "Um..doncha know you're supposed to obey the speed limit all of the time". Yeah, you try it and tell me how it works out for ya!

I have a 24 mile trek to drop off Nate and then head to work. Several parts of my ride are 25 or 30 mph. I thought those were going to be the worst parts, but it turned out the highway was much worse. I drove in the slow lane the whole time driving, either 55 or 65mph, as governed by that pesky black and white sign. Thank God for cruise control because I never could have maintained that snail's pace with my lead foot! Everyone, even an elderly lady who couldn't see over her steering wheel and several semi trucks, passed me! I was almost embarrassed. I was that person, the one I call names and question their right to possess a license. I dared not talk on my phone. I didn't want people chalking my pace up to "that dumb ass on her cell". I wanted to have a sign on the back of my car that screamed "EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS", but I thought that might be cheating a bit. Luckily I'm terminally pretty. If not, I may have been intentionally run off the road.

On the way home I hit some traffic and, believe you me, I was never happier that it was rush hour. I felt like it finally leveled the playing field. Before I hit this traffic, however, the highway was flowing freely. I noticed a state trooper sneakily {is that even a word} hiding to catch people speeding. This time, people, it was not me!!! Any other day I would have had a ticket. ANY.OTHER.DAY. I'm serious. Then I saw an 2 more stateys in the next 5 minutes. Seriously? I have never seen that many on one 10 mile stretch since I moved here!

I know it's the right thing to do, but I tell you, I won't be doing that again any time soon. I will enjoy my foot o' lead but I might lighten it up....just a bit.


13 comments:

  1. That's too funny - I would never be able to do that - way too much driving in too quick a car to ever manage that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order for me to drive the speed limit all day, everything would have to be going my way ... everything! And that rarely happens. ;o)

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not trying to be righteous here, but I always drive the speed limit. I want to continue to brag that I'm the only one in my family who has never had a speeding ticket! It's a challenge, believe me. But I get to say "nanner nanner."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speeding is such an easy thing to do. So, I hear ya! Loved your story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...that's tough. I drive about 9 over the speed limit on the highway and 5 over on slower roads. But, it might kill me to go the EXACT speed limit for a day! Kudos to you and #90!

    To answer your question...I'm detoxing via the Isagenix program. It sucks...no caffeine, no sugar, no salt, no processed foods...pretty much no "anything that tastes good". I did it a couple of years ago and lost about 15 pounds in about 3 weeks. It works...but, it's soooo hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Kam! However, I think it could precipitate an unusual rise in your blood pressure if you kept it up. Good for experimental purposes though.
    Love Aunt Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the speed limit! This is one 101 that I did not steal for my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. {{giggles}} you picked the right day for your experiment! Being terminally pretty works better for not getting run off the road than for not getting a ticket, in my experience... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! MOVE PEOPLE, Experiment in progress!! LOL I'm glad you can mark that one off your list. :o)Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I could do this one! Good for you! I would have been one of those people yelling at you saying "What the he@#?" and passing you by...sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! At least THAT ordeal is over with. I think you need a margarita to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do feel your pain! I drive fast too, on the military base we have to drive the speed limit. PAINFUL!

    Congrats on completing your task!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! I am glad you can mark that off the list. i am going to sit down and make one this year! For sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??