Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Why not me on a rainy day?
Why not me to love your cares away?
Why not me?
Why not me when the nights get cold?
Why not me when you're growin old?
Why not me?

Um, excuse me Wynonna. Yeah, you too Naomi. Sorry to interrupt the song, but didn't you get the memo? You know, the one from MckMama?? No? Well, why don't you pop over to her blog and check it out. Maybe then you'll understand.

*********************************************************

I did not just write that intro. I am not secretly hoping that people get it.

I did not take some me time this week and have a girls night at a spa with my friend. I didn't tell my hubby on my way there that if he had any questions he should ask them before 5pm since I didn't want a phone call about meatloaf or the location of the remote while I was getting a facial or pedicure.

I am watching what I eat. I am going to the gym 3-4X a week. I am loosing weight. This being said, I most certainly did not attempt to eat the candy from my wedding favor that I had on the shelf in my cubicle, in a moment of desperation. It was not there for decoration. It was not 2 1/2 years old and way too old to be consumed. The jelly beans weren't rock hard and the gummies weren't the chewiest thing ever, um, ahem...not eaten.


I did not google "not me" only to come across this website!! WTF??? Some men would probably think this is the greatest invention ever. I'd comment more, but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I never curse, so this is not something I am actively working on changing. I am not replacing bad words with lesser words so my son does not belt out the f-bomb at an inopportune moment, you know, like the pediatrician's office or something. This being said, I did not bang my head getting him in the car last night and say "dang it!" only for him to repeat it. I was not proud of myself for not using the real word. This proud moment only lasted a minute since my BIL, who thought I had said damn it, said it out loud and Natey copied him. I did not want to make him walk home at that point.

What did you "not" do this week?

28 comments:

  1. Love your google search! I could have used that last week when my overstretched undees caused my meltdown....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    That search was that of Legends! I cant believe that something out there like that actualy exist. Ill be getting some for my daughter for sure. LOL. Serioulsy though right. Nice NMM post, I loved it!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny about the candy! So something I would NOT have done ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally got your intro. I was singing it. Now it is stuck in my head. Those panties are horrible. Not that the idea is horrible, but the way they are being marketed! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog on Mr. Linky at MckMama's--loved your Not Me!s. I totally would've scarfed the jelly beans, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The google search was hilarious! Good luck with watching your words...we're trying too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever! And congrats on the Top 10 this week :) Those panties are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the intro and not only did I get it but I sang along! Gotta love kids ~ my 3 yr old told his teacher while in a group reading a book that she was pissing him off! Nice I know! Needless to say we are watching everyone's language now so that the church based preschool he goes to doesn't kick him out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Not Me's! My mouth is not at all dirty. WTF! Not Me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Not Mes! The candy...well, umm...no, NOT something I'd ever do. :)

    And the panties? Is that for real?
    Crazy!!

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am working on my potty mouth. Good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally got the intro! I am in snowy Colorado so I am right there with you! why not me?? It is a whopping 4 degrees this morning! I would never try to eat two year old candy either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol.. two year old candy. i probably would've chipped another tooth!

    good luck with the language. it will come and it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. again...you're intros ROCK!!! totally got it and friggin loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally would have kicked him to the curb. Very funny. i can't believe that you had the candy there for that long. It would have been gone in a week over here. 2.5 years. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you went after the candy, only because I *did not* do something similar this week. PMS will do it to you everytime! I went after really weird stuff. If there had been old candy, I would've taken it down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, that "homing device" would totally offend me! ha ha ha

    TOO FUNNY!!! How many wives would actually wear them?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Underwear with GPS!!??

    Great Not me Monday, have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list. I love the candy one, that would so be me. Thanks for visiting today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! Bracelets are on their way to you, girl! Thanks so much for donating...you rock! Love your not mes, and the intro was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am LMAO over the google search. Who comes up with that stuff??? I'm sure that wedding favor was mighty tasty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exactly are those panties suppose to work? Not very well if they are off!!!!! That is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! 10th to post a Not Me! Monday!
    It's Jen, Liz Clare's cousin and I just HAD to comment about those panties! Are you kidding me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did any one think to click "order" on the google search to "see how much they cost"??? TOO FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??