Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Ramblings

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday! Yeah for Thursday. Where has this week even gone?? I have been super busy at work and at home so the days are just flying by. Time to rid my brain of it's cobwebs before I dive head first into the long weekend ahead of me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nate has been cracking me up with his imagination lately. He is starting to get imaginary play and wants to be a different character all the time. Some of his recent ones have been: (Pointing at me) "You mommy robot & my Iron man" then we proceed to talk like robots and move our arms in that jerky robot way. My least favorite is: "My Bumblebee (some sort of transformer apparently) and you bad transformer! Let's fight!" No doubt this is coming from the almost 4 year olds he plays with at daycare, but I got punched in the eye last night when Nate was showing me his new "moves".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He is growing to be such a big boy! Speaking of that, I finished painting his walls last night. I am loving the color we picked! It is such a fun color without being too overwhelming. Now, to touch up the trim and paint the doors (which never got painted when they were installed 2 years ago!!!) and then I can start to decorate! I promise pics will be coming as soon as I get it done!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been on a sweets kick the past week. There are 2 half mostly eaten Ben & Jerry's pints in my freezer that I have dove into more than once this week. I have eaten cookies and even broke down yesterday and got a coffee roll with my iced coffee. To make matters worse I haven't worked out all week. I brought my gym bag to work and it has sat in my cube staring at me longingly, but I have not picked it up until this morning. I stepped on the scale at the gym prepared for the worst. Guess how much I have gained since last week..... a whopping 1/2 pound! How in the world is that possible??? I will not complain, but am still going to try to do better this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have exactly 9 days to sew until the Providence Open Market. Why can I not get motivated to do something until I am in a time crunch? Granted I have had a lot of other things going on, but I told myself, after the Balloon Festival, that I would work a little at a time. So much for that! Wish me luck as I have to get to some major work on my sewing! Oh and throw out ideas for baby or toddler items you think people would buy. I am making crayon rolls, diaper/wipes cases and possibly wet bags to keep in the diaper bag. Any ideas you have would be helpful.

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of the room. I already have visions in my head of what I will do one day for T's "big girl" room. That's when I get the nerve to attempt moving her from the crib again.

    You are totally rockin' with staying fit and healthy while pg - you should be commended. And if you don't feel like going to the gym, it's ok, opt for a quick walk on your lunch hour. And the sweets, that comes with the territory and is so allowed, you shouldn't feel the least bit guilty.

    I love the idea of the wet bag for the Open Market. I have one for T that I use whenever we go to the pool. Also, you mentioned crayon role, but have you also seen the "chalk board" rolls? One side is material, the other side is a material that kids can write on with chalk. Keeps 'em busy when out at restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kam! Transformers are all the rage here too. My little guy is all into Beetle, whatever that is. It's so funny watching them use their imagination.

    Good luck at the market. You make the cutest things. I have a sewing machine but I'm too chicken to make anything. I'm always afraid I'll tear it up. But I guess it's not doing me any good sitting in a box either. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. Those little head bands with the big flowers on them are really cute. I'm sure anything you make will be a big hit. I liked Brooke's idea of the chalk roll. I've never seen them before.

    I hope everything is going well for you and your pregnancy. I wish I looked as good as you when I was pregnant. It's so great that you're still working out. A true inspiration!

    Hope you have a nice LONG Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Kameron sew!:o) But also be sure to enjoy your weekend!!

    Can't wait to see Nate's room! My MIL just switched Drew from his crib to a toddler bed and she said he took his nap in it just as well, but I think I'm going to stick with the confines of a crib for a bit longer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see pictures of Natey's new room! I love stuff like that and I love fun paint colors so I can't wait to see what you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see Nate's room!
    Oh the joys of playing with older boys: they learn big boy stuff at a young age! We went through that because most of Dylan's friends are older.
    What about pacifier pouches that could hook onto diaper bags?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see Nate's room!! Please show them to us as soon as your done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Punched you in the eye, did he?! What a bruiser! You remind that boy that bad transformers NEVER get ice cream and see if that helps motivate him over from the dark side. ;)

    "I brought my gym bag to work and it has sat in my cube staring at me longingly..." - HYSTERICAL!!

    Put a coat over it's "eyes" so it can't see you there ignoring it. HA!

    Good luck on your sewing extravaganza! YOU CAN DO IT!

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Ramblings! Makes me a little scared of what I have to look forward to with little boys being transformers and punching me in the face! Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being punched in the eye would have made for a wonderful not me moment. Oh I have had many a sore eyes from my kids.
    Can't wait to see the new room color.
    I know that whatever you make will be a hit. You are so creative and all the things you make are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading your funny posts about Nate lately, they are hilarious! I love this age, don't you?
    I can't wait to see more of your designs for this next craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get goin girl!!! You are gonna have tons of orders! I am interested in hearing about this chalk roll thing...sounds cool...;)

    Lets just say that I NEVER had a 1/2 pound week...Man, I wish...keep eating cookies if it is working for you!!!

    T

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??