Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Ramblings

Thursday.



Super Busy.



Need to ramble real quick.



Then I need to get my 32 week pregnant butt in gear.

~~~~~~~~~
I just got home from my midwife visit and can report that Baby girl has turned herself head down. I will keep going to the Chiropractor so my back stays loose and she doesn't decide to flip again. I love getting my back cracked anyway, so that's nice!
~~~~~~~~~
I won Brooke's giveaway for a Paul Robinett candle and it smells divine! He definitely has a new fan and I will be buying more soon! She is also the sweetest thing on the planet because in the box with the candle was a knitted baby blanket for baby girl. Oh, just a little something her MIL "whipped up"! I wish I could just whip things up that were that awesome!! Can you see that in each square is a letter of the alphabet? So sweet! Thanks Brook and her crafty MIL for the wonderful present. :o)



~~~~~~~~~~

My dryer is broken. I am irritated because we got the fancy Kenmore Elite he4 front loading set from Sears and, after only 3 years, the dryer's control panel has already crapped out. Why bother to buy the expensive washer and dryer if they are going to die after 3 years of service? The part to fix the dryer is 200 bucks and if we want someone to come put it in, it is another hundred and something bucks. Kenmore and Sears know this is a problem with this set and yet take no responsibility for it. There's even a video on You Tube showing how to replace it yourself since SOOOOO many people have had the same problem with this dryer. The worst part is, the part is the SAME as the one in the dryer currently, so I may have the same problem in another 2-3 years. I'm pretty sure my mom bought her dryer for 200 bucks and the thing lasted for 10 years. You don't always get your money's worth!

~~~~~~~~~

I bagged all of our clothes up this morning and headed to the laundromat to drop them off for fluff and fold service. No offense to anyone but I am NOT a sit in the laundry mat for 2 hours kinda girl. The first one I went to said we wouldn't have our clothes until late Saturday since they had hotel stuff to deal with and the second one I went to, the crazy lady behind the counter let me drag the bags in and then informed me that she ran out of tickets so I would have to bring my clothes back at 1pm. Seriously??? WTH??? I'm not sure what I'm going to do now since I am too ticked off to deal with it at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, my Aunt will be here early Saturday morning and I need to figure out how a tornado managed to get in my house without my knowledge. Off to clean! Wish me luck since I am irritated and nothing good ever comes from that!

11 comments:

  1. Oh girl I would have been so mad with that laudromat lady. Grrrr!
    Hope you get them dried!
    What an awesome blanket too. Love the soft color.
    Hope your day gets better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that same tornado went through my house too!
    I'm so sorry to year about your washer troubles. Yes, the more expensive the appliance, it seems the more likely to break these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! She flipped!

    Now if you canjust get the dryer to cooperate you'll be in business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your baby girl flipped!
    The baby blanket is beautiful! That was so thoughtful of Brooke!
    Sorry about your dryer. We got a cheap dryer 5 years ago, and it still works perfectly. I hang dry most of my shirts/dresses, Dylan's shirts, and Lexie's clothes, though. No matter what I do, they always shrink just a bit, if I dry them on low heat. That's a big bummer for you, though. Sounds like it may just be easier to invest in a cheap dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an awesome blanket! how sweet!

    and so glad baby girl flipped - i was worried for you!

    they just don't make appliances like they used to. i think they purposely make things crappier so that we have to spend more money to buy new stuff more often. they got smart i guess. realized a dryer that lasts 10 years is not good for their bottom line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear she moved down. Good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy cleaning and glad the baby flipped! Here's hoping she stays head down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auntie doesn't care about the state of the house she is jazzed just to come and see you & the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad BG (baby girl, not Brooke G) flipped :)

    Also, glad you liked the candle and blanket. I will make sure to let my MIL know. (Oh, and Paul Robinett candles is on FB if you want to become a fan.)

    Stinks about your dryer! Hope you can get that resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I realized that my blackberry has made me a bad commenter b/c I read blogs on it but am too lazy to sign in...Anyway! What an adorable quilt and yay for baby girl listening to her momma and flipping!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??