Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random Ramblings

A quick hop to Thursday this week thanks to Labor Day! I love 4 day work weeks. They really seem to go by faster. I vote that there be no more Monday's in the work week and we always do 4 days. What? I don't get a vote?? Sheezeee! I feel so much more productive when I get 3 days off! So what's on my mind this week?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are almost done with Natey's Big Boy room! The paint is up, accessories have been purchased. The bookcase has been assembled. Two cute lights that we bought in Mexico on our babymoon (when I was pregnant with Nate) have been hung. All I have left to do is hem the ridiculously long curtains I bought at IKEA and get something up on the bare walls! It's funny how naked walls seem when the furniture and accessories in a room are pint sized!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a less than thrilled note about the BB room...I am completely scared to death to let him sleep in that bed. He sleeps sooooo well in his crib that I fear he will keep getting up when we move him in there. I really don't need the crib for a long time still, so I might just have him play in his room and sleep in the crib for a while longer. I can't decide. Any advice on that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have hit the 30 week point in my pregnancy! Only 10 weeks left to go. It is going by so fast that my head is spinning. I am feeling great. I have moments of discomfort where I swear she is going to erupt from my belly button instead of coming out normally, but other than that we're just trucking along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz and I have our first day of the Providence Open Market on Saturday. I have been sewing like mad and don't really feel stressed like I did for the balloon festival. If you are in the area come check us out at the Material Mammas Booth!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate potty training. Nate seems to have stalled. He will go pee in the potty every time I take him in there, but he NEVER tells me before he has to go. He will tell me when he has to poop, so I guess that is good, but when is he going to tell me before he wets his PullUp? Mommy did something stupid and let him sit on her bed with no PullUp on. Yep, I look over to see a tiny fountain of pee going right onto my bed. I should have taken him right to the bathroom since I think he stopped when I freaked out, but wasn't done peeing. I stuck him in his crib while I frantically tore off my sheets only to come to get him and find he had finished peeing in his own bed. Ugh. Totally my bad. I'm an idiot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe your 30 weeks already. It feels like your pregnancy is going so much faster than mine. Good luck this weekend! Hope y'all make lots of moolah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advice on big boy bed. Tell him for a day or two that he is going to sleep in his big boy bed. Did you keep the crib in there or did you have to take it apart? If you kept it together, just put the crib next to the big boy bed and TALK about the big boy bed. Then let him sleep in the crib as he normally does. Then after the day or two put him in the big boy bed. The first night lay in there with him for 10 minutes, the next night 5 and then the 3rd night you can leave as you normally would. Both of my boys transitioned like that and they did not skip a beat. Did not even miss the crib. Wow...Lots o typing!!!

    Good luck on Material Mommas that should be a blast!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhng, potty training is so stressful! And I would recommend going ahead and taking the crib out of his room. It probably will cause some sleep issues and you probably won't have the energy to deal with his sleep issues and a newborn sleep schedule at the same time! Just my two cents! Only 10 more weeks! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see pictures of the big boy room! sounds like its gonna be cute!

    good luck this weekend - hope you makes lots of extra moolah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left something on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Open Market!!! I can't wait (although I wish I had a little more time!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm..on the big boy bed...Zaden is only 19 months old..so he's a bit younger..but I had heard from other moms to leave him in the crib until he climbs out of it...so I did just that! I actually got a 2nd crib on craigslist...but if he'd been older I may not have...I have Kellam in a pack n play for now anyways...so we'll see if we use both cribs at the same time :) Love your shirts with the ties on them...may need to get me some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are leaving Josie in her crib until she doens't fit!

    But a lot of my friends have 2 year olds that are already in big beds and they do fine. They just had to be really strict at first about them staying in their beds.

    I can't wait to see that little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for the market this weekend. I wish I could come by and support you too!

    I am so afraid to put T in a big girl bed. I think I'm resolved to keep her in there until she no longer fits or she finally figures out how to climb out. Our bedtime routine is tough, and I know if I put her in a bed, I will basically have to lock her in her room.

    As for the potty training, I think he's doing great for his age! I also have always heard boys are later than girls with potty training, so I would say he's doing super if that really is the case. I kept telling T that she has to keep her panties dry. And whenever we'd go to the bathroom, she'd say "They are dry!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you're already 30 weeks! How exciting!
    I vote to leave him in the crib as long as possible! Dylan was my monkey, who was in a bed at 16 months. He crawled out of everything, including a crib tent. He did great with the change, but I did gate off the door to his room, so he couldn't come out. Lexie's still in a crib, and she's staying there until she starts climbing out!
    Good luck with the potty training. It sounds like he's doing great so far!
    Oh-and I hope you make lots of money this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my on the potty training front. Gotta love the fountain of pee. Good look with the Material Mamma booth. HOw fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My advice on the potty training is if he will go when you take him and already poops in the potty try cutting out the pull ups for big boy undies and letting him run around in just those.(if you can skip the pants then it will save them from getting wet) There seems to me to be a major difference for them between feeling wet in a pull up versus feeling wet in undies. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it totally mean of me to rub in the fact that I have EVERY Monday off (well, except for during tax season)???

    Good luck at the market -- I'm sure you'll do great and I LOVE your booth's name -- so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not quite ready for our 2 year old to be in a big boy bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel for you with the big boy bed! I have to tell you, my daughter slept so well in her crib, and once moved to a bed, she wakes every night and comes to our room. For the last TWO years. Our youngest will be in her crib until she is busting out!
    I wish I was around for the show! I loved craft fairs! I hope it went well...

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??