Friday, October 30, 2009

Never again

Good God Almighty.

Bless you parents who let your children come into your bed at night. All I know is you must have kids who go right to sleep and lay perfectly still when they invade your sanctuary of sleep. I am not so lucky. My son thinks that "Daddy's bed" is a place of interactive fun. He rubs our faces, whispers in an attempt to engage us in conversation, sucks LOUDLY on his "bankalee", snuggles right up against our cheeks and generally disrupts any thought we might have had that it is the middle of the night and that we should be sleeping.
~~~~~~~~~~
Never again. Sorry bud, but mommy is selfish and doesn't even like daddy up in my grill when I am trying to sleep. I like to cuddle for 5 whole minutes when I first climb into bed and then I roll over and enter the zone of me. I don't want anyone else in it.

I unwillingly unselfishly gave up my sleeping space for the first 3 months of your life when you wouldn't sleep anywhere but on me. Your sister will be arriving soon and I will work with all of my might to get her to sleep solo.

The funny thing is, you are just like me, but you just don't realize it yet. After that hour of interruption last night, when you were restlessly going back and forth between torturing daddy and I, you fell right to sleep when daddy finally wised up and returned you to the confines of your crib. I think Daddy is FINALLY on the same page with me. I don't think he'll ever argue this point with me again!

Love you.Mean it.Stay in your own bed.Trust me. You'll thank me later.

15 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I can't stand anyone touching me, breathing on me, looking at me, or even being "to close" when I'm sleeping. That co-sleeping thing just doesn't fly in my house!

    Good luck tonight- thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Totally agree on the "me" zone when I am trying to sleep:-) My youngest(who is 6) was crying last night because of scary dreams and wanted to sleep upstairs with us...he kept tossing and turning too. I don't usually let ANY of the kids in our bed...once in a while I cave and it isn't fun for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA That was awesome!! I SOOOO agree with you like 100000%! You are hilarious! This was my first visit but I will subscribe for sure. Ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is how it goes most of the time we let our son in bed, too. Unless they're sick or really upset (we're on the tail end--I hope--of a bad nightmare streak), everybody sleeps best with their own space. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry... I'm one of those "snugglers" who drives the hubs crazy with my freezing feet.

    But Itty Bit would keep me up all night with his tossing and turning, so he gets his own bed for sure.

    Good idea on starting early with Baby Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chad and I discovered early on we were NOT fans of the co-sleeping... especially since Aidan was a grunter of a baby. He was in his own room after 2 months (or was it one??), and it was heaven after that. And we've never pulled him into bed since because he doesn't go back to sleep!

    And I'm the same way... 5 minutes snuggling MAX and then I roll over. Chad, on the other hand, would love it if I slept on his chest all night. Hello??? My freakin' ear would hurt!! I need my space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe and I had this discussion today...after a night of Jordy pulling my hair and kicking Joe in the nuts all last night.

    We decided when Jordan is 13, we will sneak into his room, pull his hair, flop around on his bed, and scream at odd intervals, oh and also kick him the nuts! Then scream you got three more months to go buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have much to add...I WISH my boys would snuggle up with me in bed...but apparently I invade their space too much....

    But really, I am here mostly to say...Katrina, make sure you take pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I can co-sleep with Dylan, but not Lexie! A few times a week, he comes into our room to snuggle with me, and sleeps another hour or two. Lexie just thrashes around in our bed, and can't sleep. She's always been like that. I think it's a second child thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on your side. It gets worse when they turn 3. Not that I am (ahem) currently experiencing it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I KNOW! My Nate is the same way...doesn't want us in his space and I don't particularly want to give up mine to a wiggly, hot, sleep-mover. As soon as we put HIM back to bed he's out but likes to fiddle while with us. Luckily it doesn't happen often but I'm not sure how others do it unless they're experiencing that blissful, peaceful, ideal snuggling you read about in magazines. Not in our house, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I KNOW! My Nate is the same way...doesn't want us in his space and I don't particularly want to give up mine to a wiggly, hot, sleep-mover. As soon as we put HIM back to bed he's out but likes to fiddle while with us. Luckily it doesn't happen often but I'm not sure how others do it unless they're experiencing that blissful, peaceful, ideal snuggling you read about in magazines. Not in our house, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be a toddler thing! Every night for the past 2 weeks around 2:30 a.m. T wakes up to go pee, and "must" sleep in our bed afterwards. I'm too tired to argue, but her in our bed lasts about an hour. I am like you and can snuggle for about 5 minutes, but give me my space after that! T loves to lay sideways and have at least one part of her body touching me - feet in my stomach, hands on my face, etc. Ughh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nobody messes with supah's sleep

    lol!!


    it's the oNE THING i did right

    xxoxo supah

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??