Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random Ramblings

It is Thursday and I am 34 days away from my due date! I'd say this calls for a celebration, but what fun is a celebration with no booze. Yeah, I know.
~~~~~~~~~~
My birthday is coming up and it will be the second time I have been pregnant on that day. Not fair if you ask me. I am, however, going to have a Mexican Fiesta dinner party at my house to celebrate! I figured in a couple more weeks I will not be feeling up to going out to paint the town, so I will make people come to me! What's better than friends and fajitas, right? I know, margaritas, but you know where I stand on that!
~~~~~~~~~~
Natey was being a smarty pants yesterday and would not stop saying his go-to word, "poopy". I told him he need to stop being a smart alic and he replied, "But me not Alex mommy, me Nathan". Yes, I know who you are kid. Now stop saying poopy!!!
~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to go to my first official blogging event on the 26th! I am so excited. It is in Boston and I will get to meet a new bloggy friend that will be attending too. My hubby, who does not understand the first thing about social networking, thinks this event it is like internet dating or something. Yup. That's right honey. I'm going to meet men. There is a whole group of blogging men that are super attracted to 37 week pregnant women, and by golly, I want to meet them all! Relax sweetie. There are not a lot of ways for working, 30 year old, soon to be mothers of 2 kids to meet other women {read:MOMMIES} that we have things in common with. I can not attend play groups since I work and I'm pretty sure hanging out in bars is not going to make me any worthy friends these days. So please dear, cut me some slack!
~~~~~~~~~~
The attack of the pregnancy brain is in full force these days. I literally can not remember ANYTHING!!!! I forget about chiropractor appointments that I looked at the night before, I leave laundry in the washer and remember when it is too late to lug it down to my BIL's dryer downstairs, I have to set appointments in my phone calendar just to remember to call people or mail a bill. It is getting bad. It is irritating the heck out of me. If you have any suggestions, write them down because if you tell me I will just forget right afterward!

15 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the bloggy event!! I just need to figure out 1. what to wear and 2. the logistics of getting there and ready....good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by today! Congrats on your pregnancy! I can totally relate to your pregnancy brain drain. It is the worst!

    I am so jealous you get to go to a blogging event. You will have a blast. I agree -- men just don’t get it! My husband tells our kids that “Mommy is talking to her imaginary computer friends again!” It’s sooo funny! I love my bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you with the blogger event! That is too funny that your husband thinks about it like that, LOL!

    I can totally relate to the Mommy Brain. Is it still an excuse 3 years later?

    And yup - nothing better than fajitas on you birthday :) And at least you're spending your birthday pregnant, rather than in the hospital, right? (Itty Bit was born the day before my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! this post had me laughing out loud! my husband totally doesn't getting blogging either! have fun at the blogger event:-) love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I feel like I should concoct something sinister, now that you're hubs may think I've got tricks up my sleeve!
    It will be so fun to all get out...but I must admit, explaining the event to anyone outside of blogging does sound funny. My husband gets it, and is always suggesting I go out more, but to other friends, it might sound pretty lame...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come to your birthday party celebration!!! Wish you were just a wee bit closer :)

    And I'm so jealous about the bloggy event. I'm in major need of meeting moms in my area, and I'm not having lots of luck lately.

    Oh, and the smart-alec remarks are in full swing here too. Just today T told me she could not eat her lunch because the dog (who was outside) bit her tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds so fun to have a bloggy meeting! I hope you meet tons of men...LOL

    Preggo brain..duh!! We all have that now..it never goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Natey and his comments would fit right in at my school!!! Maybe little sister will put him in his place.

    Hey, good luck and hooking up with some hotties at the blog event!! I'm sure there's TONS of guys wanting a ready-to-pop pregnant lady. haha Seriously, though, I hope it's fun!! I had a chance to meet an internet friend through Live Journal once (she had a layover in Seattle), but I totally chickened out. But that was before blogging and babies and things. I think I would've loved to meet her now!

    I'm thinking I need to steal some of your 101 goals. Just noticed #12 - have a bra fitting. I did that once and the idiot girl said I'm really a size D (instead of the small B I REALLY am). Seriously?? It's not like she worked on commission. Did she think she'd get a tip if she said my boobs were D's?? Yeah, here's a tip... when your customer can't even make CLEAVAGE, she doesn't have a size D rack on her. DUH.

    Ok, I'll stop now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogging conferences make me feel silly...even though I'm going to one tomorrow. =) I totally feel like it's internet dating. lol

    But, we're waaaay cooler than that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A mexican fiesta sounds fun and yummy. I love me some mexican cuisine. YUM!
    I still have pregnancy brain..no wait, that is mom brain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl.. I thought both my kids were going to come out looking like mexican's because I craved and ate it so damn much. Hope you have a great birthday. I'll be thinking of ya.

    Oh, another thing.. Brea has this new thing she likes to say.. "Butt Face" yeah! Nice huh? WTF do I do with that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe you are just a bit over a month away from your due date! How exciting! I can't wait to see your little girl!
    Have fun at your birthday party-is it the big 30?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, Kameron, our little guys must be twins. They both feel a need to control the radio, and they both love the word "poopy". Gotta love that toddler slang, huh?!

    Hey, can I come over for your birthday party? I'm always up for some fajitas. I'll even make you a cake. Sounds like it'd be fun. Hope you have a great one.

    The blog event sounds fun too. Can't wait to see how it goes.

    And the pregnancy brain, well I definitely know what you're talking about there. I had it bad. I can't believe you're only one month away from your due date. I think the first time I visited you was when you made your big announcement on Fort Thompson. Hope everything goes well. I know you'll be glad to get your brain back.

    Take care,
    Miti

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't know what my husband would/will do/say when/if i meet blogging friends in real life. he'll probably say that he needs to go with me in case they are all crazy ax murderers or something. haha

    have fun, can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have a drink for you. I know, I'm sweet like that! Wow, a month away already huh. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??