Thursday, October 1, 2009

Random Ramblings

Thursday. Ack! Where has this week gone? Oh wait, I know. I have been so busy I haven't been able to blink! Here's a quick recap so you all know I am still alive and kicking!
~~~~~~~~~~
My Aunt came for a visit over the weekend. She is Chad's mom, made famous by his lovely wife Heather and darling boy, Aidan, aka The Pod! We had such a nice visit. We went to the Farmer's market. We made her two yummy dinners, one of stuffed shells (recipe coming soon to a blog near you) and one Mario Batali dish of Chicken Canzanese. We did a little shopping to find a new dresser so I would have some where to put my clothes since baby girl is stealing my dresser. We mostly hung out and talked, which is something I really miss being so far away from my family. I can't wait to go out to visit them all next July for my cousin's wedding. Nate will be 3, baby girl will be 8 months, Aidanpod will be 2 and Heather's new baby will be about 3 months old. It will be so much fun to hang out and play with all the kiddos!
~~~~~~~~~~
I have not been sleeping AT ALL! I can't turn my brain off and have been going to sleep at midnight. Waking up at 5 something (thanks a lot micro-bladder), getting myself and a toddler ready then working a full day is really getting to me. Oh, and did I mention that when I get home there is still dinner to make, messes to clean up, Natey to chase around and get into bed and then I have to sew for the Open Market that we still have 2 Saturdays left in October? I'm, in a word, pooped.
~~~~~~~~~~
I have been in a 3 day Project management class this week and, while it is very interesting, is a lot to absorb in 3 days. Hopefully it will help me in my career development as I want to take the formal lead on projects and, with the skills I am getting in this class, I feel better prepared for the task.
~~~~~~~~~~
Baby Mama is just about done with all my pics and I can't wait to get my CD's so I can get prints made! I have grand plans for the naked wall above my fireplace as well as some pics that I want to hang in Natey and Baby girl's rooms. Speaking of those two rooms, I just made a list of the things that still need to be done and I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment! Nate's room is almost done, so I think I will try tackle that shorter list first. Then I can start on her room!
~~~~~~~~~~
I'm 33 weeks and counting now folks! I am starting to be able to see the finish line since I can officially say I am due "next month"!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm so bummed I couldn't see you too!! Glad you got to hang out with Kat, though. I miss her around here! : ) And not just for babysitting! haha Can't wait for next summer when you come out!! And I can't freakin' believe I'll have a 3-month-old. That was just WEIRD to see in writing.

    33 weeks... I can't believe it! You better get goin' on that girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! it is so fun to have good family come and visit. I so remember those pregnancy times when you could not sleep! I do not envy you that AT ALL! 33 weeks? Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you've been in training this week too? I had CPE today and I have it tomorrow too... I'm a little over 2 hours from home so I'll be happy to get back to my boys!

    Can't wait to see the big reveal of the kiddos' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss having a job that actualy gave us career training....can I work with you? ;)

    I can't believe you are due so soon!!! I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice visit with your Aunt. Living so far from my family was really hard on me, so I know how you feel when you get visitors.

    And with all you are doing each day, I would be beyond exhausted! Not sure where you are finding all of that energy?!?

    Oh, and your pregnancy has been flying by for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to that recipe.. it sounds delish!

    Also, I have been thinking of a picture collage myself to do on a bare wall and I still can't figure out what pics or how I even want to set them up.. so blah! My ideas aren't poppin lately at all.

    Speaking of poppin.. your pregnancy sure has.. My lord she is going to be HERE soon. I can't wait to see the reveal of the kids rooms.. Girl, I'm slowly but surely getting things set up and hung.. STILL have yet to paint the furniture. :)

    Hope you have a great weekend and you can get some rest. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember those sleepless pregnant nights! My body pillow was my best friend then. My husband was very glad to get rid of it when we were done having children! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! it is so fun to have good family come and visit. I so remember those pregnancy times when you could not sleep! I do not envy you that AT ALL! 33 weeks? Crazy!!
    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that the worst when you can't sleep at night? I just hate that! It's like you lay there and all the things you have to do run thru your mind and all you want to do is sleep but it just won't come...

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??